Commonwealth Nursing Services can assist families in keeping their loved one at home, or supplement care in a facility. CNS care can lessen the stress of family members so that they have time to enjoy the parent/child or spousal relationship. Family members who live at a distance often feel reassured to know that someone is checking in with and helping their loved one at home.
For example, CNS staff can:
- Take care of laundry and light cleaning
- Do grocery shopping or pharmacy pickup
- Prepare a light meal and help with feeding
- Remind clients about medication
- Prefill medications
- Perform light housekeeping tasks
- Assist with bathing and dressing in the morning or evening
- Help with toileting, hygiene and grooming
- Assist with walking and transferring to/from bed or chair
- Position and provide comfort measures to patients who are in bed
- Provide nursing treatments
CNS care can protect dignity, increase comfort, and help clients maintain their independence.